Not There hits the stage at Midnight. Open bar Tsing Taos. People get ready.
Tag Archives: Hot Cat Live Music
We’re celebrating our 2nd Birthday this Saturday Night and I am mandated by law to do some kind of retrospective. So here are my favorite Not There memories. Let me know if I forgot anything.
- Jamming in Edo’s old apartment in 5DK and writing See, Trade Off & Xiao Lei’s Blues
- Our first show as a trio in front of 3.5 ppl at Mao Live. Computer, bass & guitar. We sounded very weird
- Jamming with Donna and watching her play the tambourine in a converted Tongzhou fish farm
- Donna’s last show & our first Halloween Party at Mao. Throwing candy
- The first time Marco played a four on the floor beat
- Getting Gung Ho Pizza delivered to us at Mao Live and eating slices on stage
- Watching Marco dismantle a snare drum then put his head through it at Old What? bar
- My 30th birthday party
- All the Hot Cat shows that have blended into one long jam
- Making art with Gabriel the Filmmaker
- Recording Ruined, the Chauffeur, Trade Off and Dirty Girlz in an underground parking garage
- All the cool posters & the logo that Ana K made us
- Closing DazeFEAST & playing till dawn
- Some mud covered hottie kissing Nick on-stage at dazeFEAST
- That crazy girl who ate out of the trash can at dazeFEAST
- Opening the Beijinger New Music Festival (AKA corporate dazeFEAST)
- Sharing the stage with Namo
- Sharing the stage with Residence A
- Sharing the stage with Nokoma
- Sharing the stage with My September
- Sharing the stage with the Randy Abel Stable
- Covering Elvis with Randy at Yugongyishan
- No Filler
- Band practice
- Watching ppl dance to the music
Not There is officially a toddler and we’re excited. We hope you’ll join us for a special night of FREE music this Saturday, November 17th at Hot Cat with very special guests the Randy Abel Stable. Expect some Not There / Stable cross-pollination too. Can you imagine the combination of Disco & Bluegrass?
Who: Not There with special guests the Randy Abel Stable
Where: Hot Cat
When: Show starts at 9:30 pm
How Much: Free!
Is there a better way to spend a Sunday Evening than watching Not There play at XP? Maybe, but if there is I don’t want to know about it.
Who: Not There, Pacalolo and Me Too (sadly no gimmie gimmies)
When: Not There is on-stage at 6pm sharp (for realz)
Good food, good drinks, good people and spacey party music. Not There hits the stage at 4corners this Sat.
We’re excited to be celebrating our friends Renzo and Karens’ birthdays that night. Our warmest birthday wishes go out to both of you guys, thanks for your tireless support.
Not There @ 4 Corners
When: Saturday Oct.20th 22:00
Where: 4corners NO.27 Dashibei Hutong (near west end of Yandai Xiejie), Xicheng District